Undergraduate Admission Information
Welcome to Independent University, Bangladesh - also known by its acronym IUB.The University was established in 1993 with professional support from some renowned national and international academics as a pioneer private university. IUB is committed to prepare its students as able professionals -- - creative, committed, liberal, alive to their environment and capable to contribute to the country's advancement as well as achieve their goals in a rapidly changing economic and civic environment.
IUB is known among its students and graduates for providing a good mix of study and social life. A host of activities - including sport, clubs, societies, employment services, accommodation, student services, scholarships, teaching, learning, research - contribute to the total IUB experience. IUB graduates enjoy some of highest employment rates and starting salaries.
- Combined GPA of 7 in S.S.C & H.S.C with minimum GPA of 3 in each.
- O'Level in minimum 5 subjects with a GPA 2.50 and A'Level in 2 subjects with a minimum GPA 2.00
- International Baccalaureate or U. S. High School Diploma
- Other 12 years equivalent degree (must have the equivalence certificate from Ministry of Education)
- Engineering Students must have
- Maths and Physics in O level
- Maths and Physics with minimum grade of B in HSC
- Students applying for Microbiology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology must have Biology in their SSC or O-Level with at least B grade.
- Environmental Science students who have taken Chemistry/Physics in S.S.C. or O'Level will get preference.
There are three academic semesters namely, Autumn, Spring and Summer.
- The admission procedure for Autumn (the beginning of the academic year) starts within the first week of July and ends with the commencement of classes in the first week of September.
- The admission procedure for Spring starts within the first week of November and ends with the commencement of classes in the second week of January.
- The admission procedure for Summer takes place in the second week of March and ends with the commencement of classes in the second week of May.
- Minimum SAT-1 score of 1000 and
- Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based) or
- IELTS score of 5.5
- Students with CGPA 3.00 and above may be exempted from admission test on case to case basis
- Course grade should be at least ‘B-’
- Overall CGPA should be at least 2.50
- The School and concerned departments will look into the correlation of the course content.