Senior Program Officer
|Number of positions: 01|
|Department: Office of the Vice Chancellor|
|Reports to: Assistant Director, Office of the Vice Chancellor (AD, VCO)|
|Positions Reporting to This Position: Officer, Office of the Vice Chancellor|
Purpose: To enhance the effectiveness of the Office of the Vice Chancellor by providing information, administrative, managerial and management support and service, etc.
- Providing logistical, confidential and administrative support to the AD, VCO
- Helping to create and maintain office budget and its components in coordination with AD, VCO
- Drafting and maintaining administrative reports, SOPs and other documents
- Transforming to electronic system for the office paperwork
- Reviewing and processing data
- Supervising and monitoring the activities of the Officers at the Office of the Vice Chancellor
- Monitoring progress of all IUB committee meetings, etc. ensuring that they are held timely
- Ensuring bye-laws and UGC directives in relation to the VCO are being maintained
- Basic report writing in collaboration with the relevant departments and offices
- Implementation of the projects and assignments taken from the Office of the Vice Chancellor.
- Participating and implementing the day to day activities of the Vice Chancellor’s office.
- Providing support for arrangement of large events as when planned from VC Office.
- In some cases providing secretarial and logistic support for coordinating office activities.
- Keeping up with the day to day developments of the University
- Internal relationships: maintain liaison with other departments/schools/employees within the University, maintain relationships with colleagues within the Office of the Vice Chancellor.
- Required: Master's degree from a reputed university; CGPA of 2.75 or above (on a 4-point scale)
- Desirable: MBA/Master’s in any discipline with CGPA of 2.50 or above (on a 4-point scale).
- Required: Minimum of 2 years of work experience in different management positions (of which at least 6 months in Officer level or equivalent).
- Desirable: progressive professional responsibility for management and administration of an executive office and demonstrated advanced knowledge of the office management essentials and standards.
- Note: Experience and criteria may be relaxed in case of deserving candidates.
- Required: Understanding of organization-related issues; goal setting; University and student-driven mindset; computer proficiency in Windows environment; time-management, self-management, interpersonal, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills; ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work, mature, professional attitude; openness to continuing learning and upgrading of skills, English language proficiency in reading, writing and speaking.
- Desirable: Logistical skills for office administration and management (including, but not limited to, administrative writing skills, reporting skills, relational skills).
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Click here to download the Application Form. Fill up the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a CV and cover letter by July 21, 2022. Clearly mention the name of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Both documents should not be longer than 2 pages. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview at a later date.